Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday, October 17, 2016

Reminders for the week: 
Wednesday is our field trip!
Thursday and Friday we get to purchase popcorn!
Thursday we will visit the learning commons and get new books!
Friday is a half day!
Next Tuesday is Picture day!


We were super excited about the new additions to our classroom! Students immediately began to make their observations like scientists!


Almost immediately, we noticed that one of the pumpkins was not like the others. 
We began to make our predictions about why it was different, and what would happen to it. We discussed how predictions are just guesses and its ok if we were wrong! That means we're learning :)

I think it will get bigger and more orange - Nytesh
I think it will turn more green and purple - Danica
I think it will turn orange with no green spots - Heeva
I think it will turn more green - Paige
I think it will turn white - Khloe
I think it will turn orange - Noah
It might get longer - Josh
I think it will get ready for Halloween and turn orange - Grayson
I think it will get orange - Eva
It might turn more green - Eldin
It might turn all green - Zoe
All the pumpkins might turn green - Maryam
I think the pumpkin will turn all orange and someone will take it for halloween - Bronwyn
They all might turn green in the middle of the pumpkin - Liam
I think its going to turn all orange with a little green spots - Keirah
It might turn all green - Hayden
I think that the other pumpkins are going to turn green - Deacon
I see that the big one is not going to turn green and the other one is going to turn green - Amelia
Its going to turn more green - Nadia
I think the green pumpkin is going to turn orange and when its Halloween I think its going to grow bigger and more orange - Karter
I think it will turn dark green and it will grow bigger - Maliaka

We learned a bit more about the lifecycle of a pumpkin, so we now know why the pumpkin is green - ask your child about it at home! 

Like scientists do, we wanted to sketch our pumpkins as we observe them throughout the days. Today we did our first sketch! Students observed the pumpkins, talked about how the pumpkins felt and what else they noticed. We will continue to observe the changes each day! 

Here are some pictures of us with our 'scientist hats' on
















Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Today was our last day of school for the year! We celebrated by having a year-end assembly. Thank for all of the gifts and cards - you'...