Monday, April 10, 2017

Monday, April 10, 2017

Dear Parents,

Tomorrow is our trip to the Calgary Zoo! We are expected to leave the school by 8:15 by bus and return back to the school around 2:00pm. Please review bus and field expectations with your child to ensure they are safe.

Reminder, If you have not paid the $10 fee, please do so on your my CBE account

Please note that the weather forecast shows possibility for rain and flurries. https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca  
Please support your child in being prepared for the weather changes by dressing in layers, wearing a hat, gloves, boots and a warm jacket.

Students will need to bring:
1.     A peanut-free snack and lunch
2.     Water bottle
3.     An umbrella or poncho (optional)

Volunteers, as per the email sent out today, please sign into the office in the morning and meet in the project centre (across from Mrs. Witczak and Ms. Bakkan's classrooms) at 8:00am for a quick meeting

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at any time! Sibrar@cbe.ab.ca

As we prepare for the Penguin Palooza program here are some wonders the students had and hoping to learn more about...

I wonder if penguins can hold their breath? (and for how long?) - Maliaka
I wonder if penguins can swim all day long? - Claire
I wonder if penguins can swim for two days? - Ferdows
I wonder where penguins sleep? - Eva
I wonder how long penguins live for? - Danica
I wonder why penguins cannot fly? - Grayson
I wonder if penguins can walk on ice? - Karter
I wonder how penguins have babies? - Maryam
I wonder how penguins can honk so loud? - Bronwyn
I wonder if penguins can be sad? - Paige
I wonder what else penguins eat? Is it just fish? - Paige
I wonder how penguins get their fish? - Keirah
I wonder how penguins can swim? - Mark
I wonder how penguins build their habitats? - Noah
I wonder if penguins can talk? - Nytesh
I wonder how the baby gets in the egg? - Deacon
I wonder if penguins eat tuna fish? - Heeva
I wonder how long penguins can waddle for? - Eldin
I wonder how Rock Hopper penguins became endangered? - Amelia
I wonder how penguins can swim? - Josh

Reminders
- Field trip tomorrow
- Book exchange every Wednesday
- No School Friday April 14
- Student led conferences on Monday April 17 (no school for students)- please sign up for a time slot. If you prefer a private meeting please email me at sibrar@cbe.ab.ca so we can set up a time

Pictures from last week... Please ask me what I was making here with my group...

















Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Today was our last day of school for the year! We celebrated by having a year-end assembly. Thank for all of the gifts and cards - you'...