Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday, September 19, 2016




September book orders were sent home earlier this month. If you would like to order a book for your child, please return the money and order form as soon as possible as the last day to order is Wednesday, September 21!








In our character circle today, we talked about all the nice things we can do with our hands. We read the story, I Call My Hands Gentle by Amanda Haan. The story talks about all the positive things you can use your hands for, and some of the things we should avoid doing with our hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7eJj6y5_l8




I asked the students a very important question from the story...
Here are some of the students responses...
"I can use my hands to hug."
"I can give a high five."
"I can wave hello to my friend."
"I can help a friend, or my mom."

Ask your child: 
What are some other things you could do with your hands? 
What should we not do with our hands?
If you see someone not using gentle hands, what could you do?

We read the story Me and My Family Tree and talked about our families
We drew portraits of our families...here are most of our families below...can you find yours?

























Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Today was our last day of school for the year! We celebrated by having a year-end assembly. Thank for all of the gifts and cards - you'...