Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday, March 15, 2017





Today was our first day of inline skating! Our brave students got in their gear, listened very carefully, and tried their best to skate! Some of us were getting frustrated because we kept falling! Some of us were getting sad because we weren't able to skate yet! Some of us were flying around the gym! Each of the students showed their bravery and perseverance! When we finished skating we had a great classroom discussion about trying our best and how everyone is learning at their own pace.



We read the story Brave Irene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoOFL_Gz_C4) and talked about how Irene did not give up even when things got hard. She tried and tried again. Even though she started to cry and felt like she lost all hope, she pulled herself together and kept on trying!

To remind ourselves of how brave we are, we each thought about a time we persevered and showed bravery. Please ask your child what they wrote about! When was a time they were brave?

Tomorrow we have another day of inline skating!



To help us get ready quickly tomorrow for skating, please review the following:
Ask me: 
When I feel like I'm going to fall I need to touch my __________
When I am skating I should make what shape with my hands?
Ask me to show you how to get up when I'm wearing my skates
Ask me to show you (gently) the safe way to fall!

Building things request!
- Tomorrow we are starting our building things unit - ask me what I am building! We are in need of some more tape, popsicle sticks, and decorations!
- Friday is green shirt day!




Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Today was our last day of school for the year! We celebrated by having a year-end assembly. Thank for all of the gifts and cards - you'...